Standing on the terrace, looking but not seeing or rather seeing beyond what lies before me.
A sense of stillness. The noises, muffled by thought. But not a thought that's passing my mind.
Just recollection. An attempt of acceptance at what had just happened.
Life twisted and contorted in a span of seconds. The unexpected. But yet expected.
Confusion. Distortion. Movement.
Tears flowing like the milky way.
Praying to be blind. But still thankful for sight.
Cursing my sanity from my very core.
Trapped in a world of reality. Acknowledging my guilt.
Gasping for breath as it all hits me.
A moan of agony.
Then, moans of agony.
A deadened stare into the distance. So much more dead than yours.
Reasoning my actions. Reading my psyche. Hating reason.
Disillusioned. The coward I've been to ignore fate.
I was so close. But a million sand grains away. A million.
Battling to grasp on to a tangible fantasy.
Now I'm left with only memories of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment