Squinting at the noon day sun, they all looked up and said, "Oh My God! It's a Bird! It's a Plane! Oh, umm no.. it's a Bird"
They were so checking me out! What more could one do than stand rooted and admire my pure awesomeness? And what more could I do than show off the aura of awesomeness i emitted? After all everybody wanted to be ME.
Well thats what i was thinking, while being absorbed at the thought of people hitting on me, I hit a branch! like *WHAM* Everything went BLACK!
I felt all weird, and my head hurt pretty badly too and I felt it throbbing as well. When I opened my eyes I knew something was out of place.Because when I looked up I saw the ground and looked down I saw the sky and I was pretty sure I wasn't perched on a branch either. oh crap, I was upside down! That explained the throbbing, with all the blood rushing to my bird brain. And I was hanging mid-air. I was caught to a twig of a branch!
I tried so hard to free myself. I flapped my wings with all the gusto that I could muster. And being upside down didn't help the situation either. After sometime, my wings grew tired and just slumped lifelessly due to the numbness. It was only now that I took notice of my surroundings. I was caught in a Huge tree, in a campus filled with humans! Hoards of them and most of them or all of them females. I pretty much got a bird's eye view of all that was going on below me. Some were eating, some were talking, some were eating and talking, some seemed to have anti-social tendencies and some with hyper-active, sugar rush tendencies.
It was then that I noticed a small commotion taking place and a few of them looking up and pointing in my direction! 'Ah! They noticed me!' I began to flap my wings with the little energy I had left. I felt like a PiƱata, dangling from the branch. But nothing happened. Occasionally some would stop and stare and then continue with their lives. My hopes began to diminish at a constant rate with the passage of time. To make the omen seem truer, two crows perched on branches flanking me, giving me starved, sinister looks of the omnivorous scavengers that they were, hovering around me like a couple grim reapers who were given the pink slip. I could just imagine those slimes saying in Spanish accents " Your time is almost up! Gahahahahahaha".
After a while I saw some humans gather below, with hope rekindled I moved a little to show I was alive. I could see a ladder and people gathering to see whether they could get me down or free. I thought this was great and i could see myself back up in the sky, and feel the wind in my feathers - I could nearly taste freedom.
But the Fates were against me. The ladder wasn't tall enough to reach up to where I was. At that moment all my hopes came crashing down as I saw that human get down each wrung of the ladder. And it completely died when his feet hit the ground.
As the hours passed I could feel my life fade away slipping through my feathers and all I could do now was wait for the end. No more attempts were made to get me out of my situation.
I was after all just another Pigeon among a thousand others. All I could do now was dangle and wait.
As evening approached, a heavy blanket of darkness crept over me like that which seeped over the sky, encompassing my world and the rest with darkness. With my lifeless body swaying like a pendulum as the evening breeze blew, there I hung in eternal slumber.
No comments:
Post a Comment