Yea, Yea - the first question that pops into your mind is "Woman, haven't you had any friends with specs..blah blah". Yah! I Have! Like DUH.. but preconceived notions die hard!
So here I am running along the years of my life like a really fat heart patient on a treadmill, when one fateful day a Stupendous event took place that may be engraved on my tomb stone once my time on these barren, overly mowed pastured ended!
That episodic day I named ' The Day I Got Bespectacled!' *Intake of Breath* *GASP**Music*!
Yes! I crossed over to the 'People who get migraine' side
With a whopping power of 0.25!
My family cried and moaned the death of my eye-sight and thought I crossed over to 'The Blind Side'!
*Da Da Da Da*
Oh! The Trauma I was put through!
For nearly a month my main course was a carrot every hour! And I was subjected to the usual Soda - 4 eyes joke and the famous "how many fingers am I holding up??' dialogue - we're still talking about family here!
But honestly speaking, I thought I looked nerdily cute, still do, and whenever I stand in front of the mirror and put on my specs, at that very moment I don the avatar of a Responsible , Study Oriented wannabe who fails miserably at being academically oriented and ummm uhhh... Responsible. Well, most of the time the question in my case is whether I'm mentally competent at all??? As you see, I'm a Special Child in some ways.
Now when the Doc said I was Photosensitive, he could not have been more right or more cute! *Buggers like them are hard to find in these days of drought i say*
You can take my Photosensitivity in 2 ways:
1. Photosensitive: sensitive to light
2. Photo-sensitive: Sensitive to when a photo's being taken (automatic response - a nice 100 watt Grin thats bound to change my features temporarily from Indian to Mongoloid and at the same time make me look like a Total dumbfuck)
Being a Specsy has its Kedi sides too. Sometimes stuff works out in your favour. During my 12th grade Physics Practical Exam, I had one such moment. I had no idea what shit I had written for the procedure of my experiment -> I was lucky enough to figure out it had something to do with circuits. But the specs came to the rescue and to add to the effect, neatly combed hair tied back and an ever so Paavam expression, like a studious puppy dog look {sans the pout} (cos the external examiner was a Lady - yup, had it all figured out). Buuuut she fell for it nice and hard and with Ravi, (not my Golden retriever) but the Lab attender on my side connecting the circuit on the sly, it was a guaranteed 10 outta 10. I felt so Kedi, it made me proud!
Now coming to a weird misconception I've noticed through my short journey of being a sexy specsy:
You give a pair of spectacles to a guy and tell him its got X-ray viewing properties - they fall for it *IRRESPECTIVE OF AGE!
Even better! When they put it on, their heads automatically snap up in the direction of a chic and they get this Imbecilic Expression with a 'DOH' *Homer Simpson Style* accompanied with *drool*.
So just to get the air cleared on a few things..
1) If spectacles have X-ray viewing properties, you'll see the bone structure and not the hill structure of a person ( with reference to all women and few men too)
2) If you think that its working, SNAP out of it, that's just your Testosterone levels going off balance and setting you up on a 'Booby Trap'.
*Further warning, if you continue staring, you'll get something against your face and its not gonna be soft, membranous mountains, instead probably hard ridged ones which is the result of a clenched fist.
On a concluding note, specs can make you White&Nerdy or Simply Specsy - It's the way you look at it! I always thought i was a Spectacle.
And to the world without the looking glass, If we wear specs that does NOT mean we're Blind!
Lastly, wearing specs does not qualify as being a Visionary.
4 comments:
OMG!!!!It ROCKS Shrav!!!!!
*laughing my head off and topple of the chair and onto the floor with a resounding crash!And still laughing!*
aye thanks ya! *blush*
niiiiice shit, girl!!!! :)
awwwwww thanks tan!!!!! =)
Post a Comment